• Overview of the Existing Drawback Law
• Understanding the New Drawback Law: The problem of "Other" Classifications
• Manufacturing Drawback
• Unused Merchandise Drawback
• NAFTA Drawback Restrictions: Changes coming with NAFTA Renegotiations?
• Processing of Drawback Claims: New Procedures, New Challenges
• Compliance, Reviews, Penalties • Transition of Drawback from ACS to ACE
July 11, 2017. Pricing $350 per attendee! Location: Woodbridge, NJ.
Register here for this Workshop!
Article by Anthony Nogueras, Founder and CEO of Alliance Drawback Services, "TFTEA Drawback Update: Customs May Suspend Accelerated Payment of Drawback Claims Filed Under TFTEA". Unfortunately for the drawback trade community, the transition from the existing drawback program to the new regime required by the passage of The Trade Facilitation and Enforcement Act of 2016 threatens to disrupt payment of drawback claims starting February 24th of this year, the new law’s official effective date. The passage of new statute requires changes to the more detailed regulatory structure as well as adjustment of internal administrative procedures. Given the deadline date of February 24, 2018, the trade community expected the proposed rule-making to be formally published in the Federal Register long before now to allow ample time for public comment and dialogue between the trade community and Customs prior to finalization of the rule making. Unfortunately, CBP has indicated that payment of drawback claims under the “accelerated” program maybe be suspended if the new regulatory structure is not finalized by the new law’s effective date…now a forgone conclusion. Read the entire Article